They have scammed me also - this is what happened - on 7/14 I tried their "free" 3-in-1 credit report. I was charged $1 by Privacy Matters and another $1 by 24protect - four days later on 7/18 Privacy Matters billed by credit card $29.95 and on 8/11 24 Protect billed my credit another $1.

On my credit card bill, both these companies were listed in CT.

I plan to call them tomorrow and if this is not resolved in a satisfactory manner I intend to file a complaint with the State Of CONN. Office of the Attorney General Consumer Assistance.

They have a consumer assistance unit/fraud hotline at (860) 808-5420.

I suggest that all those who have been scammed by these people should also contact the CT attorney general's office.

The CT Better Business Bureau should be contacted also - they would start an investigation immediately. While they might not be able to get your money back, an investigation by them could also help the Attorney General get on these guys case faster.

I do not think these people should be allowed to get away with such scams.

Good luck.

Had an Experience with Privacymatters?

Comments

World Financial Group - Gotta Feel SORRY for WFG Agents World Financial Group "WFG agents trick and cheat you. Then they recruit you and teach you how to trick and cheat other people. Seriously guys. Thats how it goes there. Why do I..." Read more World Financial Group - WFG is a Great Way to Go BROKE and LOSE FAMILY and FRIENDS World Financial Group "Mr/Ms WFG No-name from Nowhere. Please spare us your big fat lie about "many big earners" at WFG. It's total bull cr*p and you know it. Here I give you..." Read more World Financial Group - Big Class-Action Lawsuit against Transamerica’s FFIUL? Can You Join? World Financial Group "Transamerica’s Financial Foundation Indexed Universal Life (FFIUL) policy is WFG’s top life insurance product. It’s the fat-commission policy my upline always pushed me to sell. I worked for WFG..." Read more World Financial Group - Transamerica *KEEPS* Your FFIUL Money When You Die World Financial Group "A shocking dirty little secret of Universal Life policies: you LOSE all your policy's cash value when you croak. This is true of Transamerica’s Financial Foundation Indexed Universal Life (FFIUL)..." Read more Exxonmobil - The cashier cursed me! Exxonmobil "Cashier name was RENE. Service Station : MOBIL at 4605 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, 90004 operated by a dealer, Harry Hahn Date of Incident: 24th September 2017 at 8:43:59AM..." Read more Rockport - Worst product and even worst customer service - their shoe has caused damage/ injury to my ankle Rockport "This is what I wrote to Rockport: I am really surprised that rather than looking at the issue where your product has caused an injury, your response is purely focussed..." Read more Thrifty Propane - Problem with delivery driver's capabilities and Thrifty's no response attitude. Thrifty Propane "I have, for the last 2 years, had a delivery driver that either can't backup the truck properly or simply doesn't care where he puts it. The first episode was..." Read more Kenneth Cole - Poor Product sold. Kenneth Cole "I brought a wallet from Blue water Bridge duty free shop ,Point edward ON,N7V4JS Canada. on july 12,2017 while going to USA to meet my sister along with my wife..." Read more